--- "Mark A. Holman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Yep I even recall the Novice Class I had back in
> 1976 we were discussing the
> KC's , MC's to Khz. and Mhz.
> was on the exam probably.

Then the material was probably out of date.  The CPS
to Hz was made in 1967.  Almost 10 years before your
Novice class.  Probably enough old timers around then
that they still said KC or MC.  I usually use that
myself instead of Hz.  I was not an old timer at that
time but had been reading electronics magazines for
about 6 or 7 years before that.

de KU4PT