-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of skipp025
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:22 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: hardline connector generated IMD

Hi Eric,

The real fly in the soup are the 7/8 and higher
mechanical center pin connections and any place
where scratches and grooves are made.

In addition to grooves and scratches Metal
Burs and stringer materials from previous installs
have been traced back to PIM (intermod) at busy
(high rf) radio sites.

The brass or stainless brush cleaning does help
quite a bit, although it doesn't address any
previous mechanical made deep center pin grooves
from causing grief.  I use a small round stainless
pipe cleaning brush in the tool box to clean up
the inside of >7/8" hardline.

Smaller 1/4, 3/8 & 1/2 solder connectors shouldn't
be as troublesome.

There appear to be a lot of unsuspecting ways to
make a diode...

cheers,
skipp