GET YOUR MANUAL OUT AND TURN TO PAGE 80.(I'm not yelling..dang cap
locks). OH if you don't have one go to Kenwoods site and down load it.
PIN 6 SQC goes to +5 when squelch is open. Pin 2 is ground. Try making
the "side" that you want to get squelch controll from the main or PTT
side...or the select side. Boy, using a perfectly good (great) radio
for that application is a disgrace, but it's yours. Oh if there's
other radios (transmitters)near the same band near by, it likely will
swamp the receiver.
Good luck.
73
AC0Y