Chuck,

I guess your statement brings new meaning to the phrase, "Your Mileage May
Vary."

I have two Sinclair SRL-222 VHF antennas in service now, and will continue to
specify them because of their consistent high quality, consistent ruggedness,
consistent smooth broadband coverage, and consistent (and very desirable)
vertical pattern.  I will readily admit that they are expensive, but as in
almost all endeavors, you get what you pay for.  IMHO, the Sinclair SRL-222 is
an excellent antenna.  I can't comment on the -224, haven't used it.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY