At 6/17/2005 04:57 AM, you wrote:
>The GAMMA MATCH is somewhat narrow banded and if there is any weather
>conditions involved such as ICE, the antenna will detune quite
>quickly
>thus rendering the antenna to be useless till the ice thaws from the
>matching device.
>I would look at something else!!

Can't say I've used one on a repeater, but I have used a 4 element
gamma-fed Yagi on a mountaintop 2 meter remote base & never noticed any
degradation of performance in the dead of winter (it was regularly checked
against the 440 repeater antenna).

If ice will detune a gamma match, why wouldn't it detune the whole driven
element as well?

Bob NO6B