Not really Coy,

Some work on rectified noise, some compare various spectral
sections of the noise, some compare against a noise floor.

The switch at the end might be similar in function, but how
the switch got flipped is another story.

One of the best signal to noise circuits is in the Spectra
Tac SQM and GE Voter cards.

What seems to get many of you folks excited is the fast -
slow micor chip circuit. I don't care much about the slow
speed squelch, but I do care about how fast it is. Once
the signal level drops below x-value... one might prefer
a comparitor squelch circuit adjust itself into the noise
like the mentioned voter does. That would be true signal
to noise.

cheers,
skipp