At 6/26/2005 05:26 PM, you wrote:
>At 07:19 PM 6/26/2005, Jeff DePolo WN3A wrote:
> >What kind of repeater and ID'er are you using?  And where in the transmitter
> >audio circuitry is the ID audio being injected?
> >
> >I've dealt with several problems, mostly with commercial-band repeaters,
> >where a cheap CW ID'er was hooked up to a run-of-the-mill repeater (Micor,
> >Mastr II, MSR2000, etc.), and rather than coming up with a clean way of
> >mixing the CW ID audio with the transmit audio, someone injected the ID into
> >the tx audio stages after the limiter/LPF.
>
>Arcom 210 controller, into a maggiore transmitter, mixed in with the
>same audio stream as everything else.

I had a problem with ~32 kHz (can't quite remember the exact frequency)
coming out of my RC-210 when I had one.  I think it only happened when
courtesy tones or IDs were generated.  Worst case was ~100 mV p-p out of
the audio output feeding the TX.  Since my application was for a link that
used a phase modulator with no LPF, this was a problem.  However, it was
easy to fix via a filter capacitor in the right spot.  Search the archives
in the RC-210 yahoogroup for details, or perhaps Ken remembers this.

If your Maggiore TX has a properly limited & filtered audio input, the 32
kHz from the controller should never reach the modulator.

Bob NO6B