I've been following the UHF Micor "Spur" thread and have to also
agree with Joe's analysis (up thread) that 910 kHz "spur" is likely a
weak image in a receiver looking at strong signal. I've seen this
happen many times when someone close to the repeater site complains
of hearing "spurs" on the output signal of the repeater. It usually
turns out to be the listener's receiver is being overloaded.

I have also been using a "converted" Micor UHF mobile in repeater
service for many years (20+)without any "spur" problems. If you're
using a station monitor to look for the "spur", switch the LO
injection to the "other side" and see what happens. The UHF Micor
radios may have other known problems, but usually it's a pretty clean
transmitter output when using the circulator in the output circuit
and tuned up and converted correctly.

I also assume there is no 910 kHz AM broadcast multi-kilowatt
transmitter in your local area! Ask some of the 2M repeater operators
in the Bridgeport, CT area about the problems of mixing with the
local 600 kHz AM broadcast transmitter - I think you get the picture.

I'm betting it's a non problem with the transmitter and the problem
is "The best kind, is someone else's problem." Waiting to hear what
you find out...
George

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Dave VanHorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>