I saw the replies through the vyex group... ie Dave.
The way to tell the version number is to see it
displayed in the terminal upon boot.  One of my new
dab boards had version 1.2 on board. The flash to
the latest upgrade is easy and simple to complete.

There are a number of items that might cause the dab
to get lost from the 7K. Once I sorted out the small
dumb things, which tend to get blown past when trying
a quick boot... the system has been working great.

good luck
skipp