At 06:57 AM 7/6/05, you wrote:

>At 02:35 AM 7/6/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Over 30 years ago, when Standard introduced the first japanese mobile
> >radios to the USA, the model 806 and 826, some of the users of the
> >146.82 system were being heard by the Torrance (one of the 86
> >communities that make up Los Angeles county) police department
> >dispatcher.
>
><---Hah! I remember this well. Back when Standard sponsored the 146.37/97
>machine on PV and Roland whats-his-name was the voice of Standard in the
>local ham community!

Was it Roland Sammelman?

>A very good friend of mine (also a ham) was a Detective with TPD and I
>remember the fun and games you describe as they tried to work through the
>problem.

Then there was the one particular W6 who just would not get his
radio adjusted... claimed that he didn't have a problem.... it
finally took a home visit by two Torrance uniformed officers and
one of the radio shop guys with the fix kit for him to "see the light
of co-operation".

>Ahhhh, how I miss the repeater wars of the 70's too... <g>

How about "Repeater Appreciation Week" ?

Mike WA6ILQ