Hi Matthew,

>I powered down the Mastr Pro receiver, noise still there,
>only thing left was the cat controller, powered it down and noise is
>gone.  This noise was heard over a large frequency spread in the
>aircraft band on the SM.  Could it be possible that the controller
>could be the cause sending havac out the band.

Yes!

RF created by the digital circuits in the controller can hitch a ride on your PTT and audio lines, where it gets injected into an early stage in your transmitter. The noise is multiplied (along with the desirable signal), amplified, and spewed out all over the spectrum.

Put a good sized ferrite bead on each wire leaving the controller.

73,
Bob

Bob Schmid, WA9FBO, Member
S-COM, LLC