-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] 6 M Gain Antenna
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:58:26 -0400
From: Tony Faiola <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com

Walter Wenzel wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a good 6m repeater antenna from some
> one that is still able to supply one?  All I can seem to find is unity
> gain antennae.  Looking to put a 6M repeater back on the air as soon
> as we can get antennae for a split site.  We will be running RCA
> radios.
> > Walter, KA2RGI

Hello Walter:

We are presently working on a 6 Meter antenna system for our new 6 Meter
repeater.

After looking at the various options, we decided to use some old surplus
DB-212 Decibel products Side mount antennas.  You can use these side
mounted folded dipoles in a single, double, triple, and quad type
configuration.  We picked up some old beat up units and are using three
of them on a three leg self supporting tower.  You can easily build the
phasing harness for the more than one type configuration.

Check the specifications and application sheets on this antenna,
available on a number of web sites.

If you chosse the three antenna option as we did, you will get gain and
a fairly good omni pattern.  We thought this arrangement would be easier
than  trying to mount a large vertical off the tower.

Ciao, Tony, K3WX