At 09:59 AM 7/8/2005, Mathew Quaife wrote:
>Oops on me, 140 into the duplexer with 70 watts out and a 2.2 dB
>insertion loss on the cans per TXRX.  3 Cans per side.  I figured it
>up at 140 watts in which should give me about 88.6 watts back out of
>the duplexer.

OK, that makes more sense, and you're well within tolerance from 90W to 88.6.
The three cans is costing you there.  Do you NEED three cans on the
output side?

Now, back to finding the spur.

Can you put a 1DB or 3DB pad in place between the TX and the
cans?  Might be hard to find one at that power level, other than a
long hunk of coax.  With a 3dB pad in, I would expect any reactive
impedances on the ends to be less interactive, and if this cleans it
up, it would have us looking at the amp for problems.

Same between the amp and exciter, though I suspect a lot easier to implement.