Steve,

On the property I would have a title company do a search on it.  This is
common when buying land or houses.  These people do searchs for leans,
debts, lawsuits, EPA issues, etc anything that might come to you if you
buy.  Would cost about $300, but think it would be wise.  Also you get an
insurance policy from them to cover things that could pop up later.

One acre is alot, but the location and shape is probably the reason for
selling...has no use for it other than radio site.

I wish I could find just a 300 ft hill here near me in Tampa Bay, FL.  Now
it would go for about $10-15 grand even in the boones.  Just in the last 2
years most properities have doubled.  Good when I sell my home, but bad
when I have to buy another one, hi.  With over 1000 people moving to
Florida each day one can see the demand.  We build a new school here in my
county each year at $5,000,000.

73, ron, n9ee/r