Could it be because he had some "light bars" as well as antennas installed
on the vehicle?  That'll get ya stopped.

Wayne, AI9Q

-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Doug W7FDF
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:33 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Digest Number 3232

Why did you not copy/paste the entire article into your email? There is
no way I am going to join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GovtVShams/
this Yahoo list just to read the article then have to unsubscribe from
that list! I'd like to read the entire article. Why don't you email it
to me directly?

Indeed, it is sad that we hams must be subjected to this kind of
thoughtless  ruling. With all that Amateur Radio Operators do for the
community especially in times of disasters you would "think" that local
law enforcement would appreciate the **HELP** we provide. Apparently
North Carolina [ perhaps just a few lawmakers and politicians] don't
feel that way.

In the nineteen years I have lived here in the Tucson community I have
been pulled over twice. Once by a Sheriff's deputy and the other time,
by a Tucson Police officer and you know why they pulled me over. Because
of the many antennas on my vehicle and, they even admitted, "out of
curiosity!".

Far as I know we have no laws on the books regarding "police look alike"
private vehicles with multiple antennas installed. I have 8 antennas
[and 8 radios to go with them] on my Ford F-150 and still get the
"looks" but...only from the public! I often laugh when I am on the
freeway [doing the 75mph speed limit] going to work why no one ever
try's to pass me, even the truckers...chuckle-chuckle!

Doug W7FDF
Vail, Arizona