Mathew,

As far as FAA your repeater with antenna on the ground can easily be heard from an aircraft at even 2000 ft.  We try to get repeaters high to be able to work low mobiles.  We should start insisting on the mobiles being high, hi.

Never use JAN crystals in my option.  Have tried them and almost all gave problems...from not working to way off freq to being way off freq 6 months down the road to dying 6 months out.

I spend the extra money and save money by using International or Bomar.  International is in some kind of screwed up situation, think due to them buying out Sentry, with 6 + weeks delievery.  Bomar cost more, but both make an excellent crystal.

For a pair of crystals including shipping Bomar $60, International $47, Jan $200 after the overhead.  Bomar does have a $50 min.

73, ron, n9ee/r

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS