At 07:31 PM 7/31/05, you wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>Well I just recently got my 10 meter repeater going, and have discover
>that I need to separate the transmit and receive antennas. The specs
>on my equipment  is a GE MastrII, with the NHRC-3/M2 Controller both
>transmit and receive is in this unit. Sorry if I sound a little dumb
>on the repeater subject!!! I'll admit it now. Is there a such thing as
>a duplexer for 10 meters?? that would allow me to use just one
>antenna? I was scamed by some amateur radio on him selling me a
>duplexer for 10 meters guess what it wasn't for 10. I really need help!!!

The simplest way to build a 10m repeater is to get a UHF
M2 and swap receivers.  This gives you a 10m receiver
and UHF transmitter in one radio, and a UHF receiver and
10M transmitter in the other.  Then locate the radios a
distance apart to where you don't need a duplexer.

The web page at
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/separation.html>
might be of interest.

Ideally the UHF cross-link radio would be a 406-420MHz radio,
and your link channel in the 420-422mhz range.  The radio
does not even need to have a functioning PA deck - I am
aware of two 10m repeaters that run the cross-link radio
exciter into a filter then into a 10db gain beam antenna,
with a duplicate beam on the UHF receiver.

The low-end link channel and beams help keep the link
channel somewhat low profile.  Check with your local
frequency coordinators and do go through the process
to do the right thing.

One more idea:
If you decide to go with the split site UHF-linked design,
look for a UHF M2 with dual receivers in a double height
case.  This way you can swap the 10M receiver into the
primary receiver position in that case, and use the second
UHF receiver as a control receiver, and everything is inside
one box.

>What is the ramification on a remote base cost and such and
>equipment... Any and all appreciated thanks,

Remote base to do what?  Is this part of the 10m repeater?

>Remember I'm Repeater dumb here, I know APRS Digipeaters
>I have several of those online.

Big difference is that those are not duplex units.

>73,
>
>James Smith K9APR
>http://www.tawg.org
>http://www.kaarts.org