Ken Arck wrote:

> At 03:20 PM 8/5/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>

>>Not very well, but yeah, there's usually enough FM (maybe phase shift as
>>it bounces off the atmosphere?) in the station to hear something, but
>>it's not very intelligible.
>

> <---Well, I don't buy it. I have never heard of a case where a foreign
> shortwave broadcaster "got into" an FM receiver's IF.
>
> Then again, I'm sure I haven't seen it all either. Live and learn I suppose!
>
> Ken

Yeah, it actually happend to us, with a Micor rx mounted in a
non-unified chassis separated from the rest of the base. Other then the
pop-on shield on top, no other shielding except the rack cabinet, and
when the ground got pulled off, we started hearing a SW station,
although it sounded so bad, and it was strictly voice, we thought it was
an off-freq signal, or intermod, until I started poking around and could
hear it on my service montitor. I put two and two together, re-did the
grounds, and it went away. That's been a couple years now...
--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL