Hi Brad,
You are into self abuse... eh?

Sure you can make your own voter no problem but
speaking as a person who has done said... you're
in for a lot of work on a new ground-up built
project.

I have a ton of Voter Data in my files using
information from the Motorola Spectra Tac, the GE
equivalent type, the Doug Hall, the LDG, the
Motorola A-B voter, the 2 channel QST article that
FAR Circuits sells the pc board for and a number
of other hybrid projects picked from various Mags
and my own work.

My mentioned vote for the LDG voter is based on
running at least one of each type of the above
listed. I'm just trying to give you a practical
answer.

You can pick up a shelf of the GE voter stuff on
Ebay today for $69 dollars.  It takes a manual, a
logical brain, some serious time and a few
interface tricks, but how can you beat the price
if you live in a place where the seller will ship
it.

I've seen shelves of Motorhead Spectra Tac go for
similar prices on Ebay in the last few weeks.

If you do go with a ground up new project, you have to
toss around the choice of a true signal to noise voter
vs the rectified high frequency noise voters that tend
to be popular (and cheap). Both work fine for many apps
but the true Sig-Noise type work better.

Good luck

cheers,
skipp

http://cgi.ebay.com/Doug-Hall-4RV-2-Signal-to-Noise-Radio-Voter_W0QQitemZ753