Hi Randy, The ribbon cables in the eprom module are very delicate; they will not stand many openings and closings of the module. I modified mine by removing the top 4 sockets, just cut the cable or unsolder it, and installing zif sockets in the bottom 4, just press them in the existing sockets, and leave the top cover off. Eproms are easily changed now with no problem. If you need help, e-mail me direct, I have 2 TQ 2310’s most of the eproms for various radios and some spare parts.   JK

Jim Knox  N5NWC