Hey everyone, i have been away from the group for a fair amount of
time.  But i'm still around and still on the hunt.  I plan on writing
up some articles on the X9000 for the RBTIP website, info such as
mods, programming, upgrades, etc.

But, i am still looking for a copy of the elusive custom 255 mode
firmware.  I know it's out there, but it's like pulling teeth to get
someone to share or sell me a copy.

Main thing is, if you have the 255 mode firmware let me know!  Going
on two years trying to find a copy here!!!

The copyright issue is kind of a gray area with this firmware, and i
think that's why there is so much debate over sharing a copy.  It was
not originally produced by Motorola, from the sound of it, there was
either someone working for Motorola, or someone that just had the info
to do it and created it.  It would be nice to get a copy to examine
and figure out not only how it was done, but to give more insight into
how the radios operation is affected by the firmware revision.

Another change is on the horizon for the X9000, anyone who is a
batboard member may already know.  Mike B, the author of the huge
X9000/Spectra reference website is looking at a custom replacement for
the radios U500 processor, giving the radio frequency agile control
from the head.  Won't that be great!

But, until that miracle happens i'm pressing on with trying to find
this elusive, "it exists but nobody has seen it" firmware.