I have found that most amateur band couplers or "diplexers"
do not seem to operate well in full duplex 100 watt 2x environments
for very long. In RX systems, is one thing, but under long TX power
keys they seem to heat up and dis-assemble themselves internally. The
commercial versions from folks like TX/RX are well rated for
continuos duty of repeater application. Actually I have had several
amateur versions fail over the years, but the commercial ones live
through most anything but water and lightening....

Doug
KD8B