At 11:14 AM 11/16/05, you wrote:

>Another Important Thing and I found out the Hard way that on some duel band
>radios in the cross band mode if the Mic is still attached the Audio is Hot
>without the Mic being keyed, and What You say if in range of it   goes out
>over the air too,

Now you know why Motorola uses a double pole PTT switch - one
for grounding the PTT lead and the other in series with the mic cartridge.
Originally it was for multiple position dispatch systems where several
microphones were on one transmitter.
When another source keys the PTT it doesn't make all the microphones
active.

>I was on the phone once talking about a guy who was using
>mine being a --------  Well I want  post the actual words  and after I got
>done another Ham friend called and said the whole conversation went over the
>Air. As the cross band was being used.  So take off the MICROPHONE

Or modify it with a Moto mic case and switch.  I picked up a 220 radio a
while back with no microphone.  I took a Motrac mic and swapped the
cartridge for the correct one, and the plug for one that matched the radio.
End of project.