Not in any hurry here...  I was just seeking a faster turn-around time
should I need to re-program one of my units.  For instance, if I were to
loan it to a client, I wouldn't want ham frequencies loaded in the radio..

Thanks for sharing your experiences..

mike

At 08:13 PM 11/17/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>First off, don't get in any hurry about delivery time.  rfguys' "expedited
>shipping" of $12.60 for the 8 ounce package will probably get it to you
>before the 1st week of December.
>

>After you get over the delivery time, their module and program are
>completely usable.
>
>You will need to be sure to configure your printer port as EPP.
>
>Make sure the Printer port uses IRQ 7 and is at address 378.
>
>You may want to experiment with IRQ5 and address of 278.
>
>Until you get the configuration correct, it will appear to write to the
>module, but nothing goes across; even though their program shows it
>writing byte by byte.
>
>To check your configuration, first read the first 'Bank" of 80 channels
>that the module comes programmed with, then compare it with the data file
>that comes on the software that accompanies the module.  Until you get a
>good verify, you don't have the printer port set right.
>
>I have one set up with 2 meter on bank 1, 2 meter "XL" models on bank 2, 6
>meter on bank 3 and 70 cm on bank 4.  I use a 4 position rotary switch to
>select the banks.  This allows me to quickly check or align any Syntech I
>on 2m, 6m or 70cm.
>
>The Syntech II vehicular repeaters program directly from the PC via a
>programming cable.  rfguys also sells it on eBay.
>
>Good luck with the module.  Don't let the configuration get the best of
>you.  It will work.   You may have to try a number of PCs until you find
>the era that allows EPP configuation of the printer port at standard
>addressing for the 286/386/486 era.
>
>David
>KD4NUE
>

> > From: "Mike Perryman K5JMP" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Date: 2005/11/16 Wed PM 11:40:25 EST
> > To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] mobile repeaters
> >
> > And if you want to make the programming even easier, check this option...
> > once it arrives, I will share my findings with the group...
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5828840920
> >
> > mike
> >

>Yahoo! Groups Links

   Mike Perryman                        Cavell, Mertz & Davis, Inc.
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Consulting Engineers
   http://www.cmdconsulting.com             7839 Ashton Avenue
   K5JMP                                Manassas, VA 20109   USA
   (703) 392-9090; (703) 392-9559 fax;  DC Line (202) 332-0110