A few years ago a couple of large gensets were stolen from a
construction site here in Quebec.  6 months later the police raided a
farm a couple of miles from me and took down a marijuana grow-op.  Seems
the gensets had been equipped with what is locally known as a
"Boomerang" system, a commercial vehicle theft alert system using GPS
and cellphones.  As soon as the operators turned one of the gensets on
to power the lights in the greenhouse, it phoned home and told its
owners where it was.  They found the second one in the barn - a spare
backup I presume. :-)

Burt  VE2BMQ>>>