One of my first (Hamtronics) 6 meter repeaters
worked fine... same site no duplexer.  I had
65 ft antenna separation, a ground plane (converted
CB 5/8 wave) for rx at the top and a low gain
1/2 dipole (converted scanner antenna) at the
bottom.

The elevated site worked an easy 30 mile radius with
a whopping 2.3 watts output.  Talk about a smoker...

Who says you need a duplexer..?

Just drop the power down...

cheers,
skipp