What you will be looking for will most likely be a 70-0520CWB with the
70-2959-2 Vehicular Repeater Option.

All the ones I have seen listed on eBya have had the 70-2959-1 option.

I don't see any reason that UHF would not be a possible option as well.

The 70-0520CWB is the WidBand version (WB) of the C split (36 to 48 MHz)
Trunk Mount unit with 110 Watt PA.

It is a 320 channel radio with provisions of up to 16 groups with any number
of channels per group up to the 320 channel limit.  It is a Syntech II radio

The 70-2959-2 option includes the 70-2959 / 70-2955 repeater controoler
boards and a 70-295B handheld radio which is considered an XTR Handheld, 8
channel, and a 1 watt output in the repeater option configuration.

The 70-0520CWB will program with the 70-1308 Computer cable and Syntech II
software.

It rapidly looses receive sensitivity after 48 MHz, but it is possible to
inprove the sensitivity by shorting the top 2 turns of the front end
variable inductors.

It is possible to achieve 3uV doing this as opposed to .3mV in stock
configuration measured at 52.525MHz.

Others may have achieved better results.

The above figures are what I obtained in the past 2 weeks in my learning
experience on the one I have been experimenting with.

The 70-295B will require 70-1022 XTRHH software and the same cable that you
use on the Syntech II.

There are control heads with a repeater button, but you can use the standard
70-0007 small control head to activate the repeater by redefining the key
functions by some hex editing.

It is also possible to reroute 5v to the switch sense circuit and
effectively have the crossband repeat function on all the time.

The trunk mount cables are the same as used in all Syntech II trunk mount
rigs.

I have a service manual on both the 70-0520CWB, as well as the 70-2959-X
repeater option.  Even with both Service manuals, and the Syntec II Control
Head Service Manual, there is still info that isn't provided as far as
control head configuration.

The on-line help in the Syntech II and XTRHH software does give some further
helpful info, and there is still a degree of experimenting.  If I could find
the actual programming manual, I could possibly supply the missing links.
As it is, I am still trying different configurations.

These are observations from my recent experience with the Vehicular
Repeaters.  I am sure someone that has hands-on expience with them in the
field can make corrections and additions to the above.

Hope some of this makes sense,

David
KD4NUE