On Dec 1, 2005, at 11:50 PM, Eric Lemmon wrote:

> The 19B Simplexor is used by many volunteer fire
> departments for repeating callout pages, and fills a vital niche in
> the
> radio communications scene.

Eric -

Jeff Otterson steered me to the NHRC-3+ Repeater Controller at
www.nhrc.net/nhrc-3plus/.  It stores up to 90 seconds of speech (or
67 seconds when using Voice ID mode) and sells for about $169.  I
envision that my application will involve short messages similar to
those in the fire service so I going to continue my investigation.
Another advantage is that the person using the repeater will
instantly know if his message was successfully transmitted.

I just was in contact with the Rochester (NY) REACT folks who are
equipped with GMRS units and I think they may have some events where
we can try out using the simplex repeater.  Thanks for the
encouraging message.

Paul Yonge
Syracuse NY