I believe these repeaters are based on the
MaxTrac/Radius/M1225 product line; as such they
probably output 25 or 45 watts. You would need to use
the radio service software to turn the output power
down, however it will be unstable and quite
inefficient at such a low level. The power won't
remain where you set it, and the output signal may
contain spurious signals that aren't allowed to be
there.

You could turn the output power down to about 1/4 of
the rated output and it would likely operate properly.
That still gets you down to 6-10 watts. Depending on
who made the power amp you wish to use, it might be
possible to have it reconfigured to utilize 5-10 watts
of input drive (I did that with a Henry UHF amplifier
by sending it back to them). Then you could use the
amp with the R1225, assuming the duplexer will also
handle the additional output power.

Unless you're going for a LOT of power, you probably
won't notice much of an improvement with an external
amp. Moving from 45 watts to 90 watts is a 3dB gain,
and that's barely noticeable. Even going up to 180
watts is only 6dB. You really need 10dB of gain to
make enough improvement at the user radios, and that's
almost 500 watts!

Bob M.
======
--- ag4uw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all I am New to the group and wonting to know if
> anyone knows the
> output power of a Motorola R1225 Repeater?? the
> reason I wont to know
> this is i have an Amp thats driven with 200 to 300MW
> and am trying to
> figure out how to get the power output down to that
> if at all posable.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com