John Burch wrote:

>Still looking for a couple of Motorola Micor UHF
>station KXN1052 channel elements.
>
>If you have a couple that you'd sell me, please
>drop me a note off-list.

If you cannot find any KXN1052A's, KXN1019B's will work in their place.
*To my knowledge*  the only difference between the two bands is in the
series resistance from the splatter filter (on the exciter) to the
modulator.  Why?  The modulation of the UHF exciter is tripled and
therefore needs to be only 1/3 of that of VHF, therefore the KXN1019B
will work just fine, it may just provide more modulation capability; and
*may* require the mechanical position of the IDC control to be set lower
if using a KXN1019B.  Remember, the Micor UHF Station uses a VHF
exciter.  *I don't know* if the resistance is in the element or the
exciter.  It may likely be that the "UHF" exciter has more resistance
and there is no difference between elements, I don't know.

Kevin Custer