If the PA microphonic AM'ming is severe enough, there could be enough power
supply modulation, due to the PA current varying by the AM occuring in the
PA, that FM at the same modulation rate can occur in preceding exciter
stages (such as in the crystal oscillator, modulator, active temperature
compensation circuits, etc.).  Not knowing how a T301 is designed I don't
know how likely this is, but it's quite possible.

                                                --- Jeff