-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Neil McKie
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:19 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] RCA 700 Series Radios Available

  Excuse me Michael ...

  I have several RCA Series 700 mobiles and stations here on both
 High-band and UHF - none of them have a single tube in them.  I
 also have the supporting factory issued Instruction Manuals

Mike Morris wrote:

> At 09:24 PM 12/19/05, you wrote:
>
> >I have available an pile of RCA 700 series rigs, long removed
> >from service.  They're probably UHF, but I don't know at this
> >point. Is anyone interested in acquiring any of these for a
> >nominal fee? (read cheap)
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Robin Midgett K4IDC
> >VHF+ Glutton EM66se
>
> If they are UHF, then anyone who wants a full duplex
> 420-440MHz point-to-point link will want them.
>
> The 700 and 1000 series radios can be range-changed
> to 406-440 in minutes.  The parts even plug in.
>
> Then you unbolt the transmitter PA deck subchassis (one
> RF tube plus it's transistorized inverter HV supply) and
> replace it with a coax jumper.  Some models used instant
> heat tubes (i.e. the tube heater was switched by the mic
> clip switch), others used normal tubes. But the tube
> amp can be removed as a complete subchassis.

  Guess again ... no tube / no transistorized inverter HV
 supply either.  You must be thinking of the RCA Super-Carfone
 and Series 500 mobiles.

  Would you like to visit ... and dig through my collection
 of RCA issued factory Instruction Manuals?

  I used to service those radios way back when ... and do
 remember which is what.

> After all that work you end up with a radio that will do
> a nice clean 10w full duplex on a 420-440MHz link
> channel all day long (continuous duty) with no pain
> or strain....
>
> Mike WA6ILQ

  Neil McKie - WA6KLA