> I actually saw an install where a MSS did just that - they
> had the ground connected to a plastic water pipe!
>
> Joe M.

I've got a better one.  A number of years ago we changed out a 1500' run of
4" Heliax that had gone bad on an FM station.  Upon taking down the old line
and looking at the damage, one of the problems we found was that the ground
kits (approximately 8) were all installed without removing the outer jacket
from the cable...

                                                --- Jeff