--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Umm... "connection" ??
> The 'theory' may be as a 'conductor' to ground .. but I can't imagine
> dragging it on concrete would really qualify.  Maybe on dirt, or
crossing
> a RR track...
> ..at least for purposes of the original discussion.
>
> Hey, ya drag your feet on the carpet .. aren't you thus 'connected' ??
> Shockingly, no.  <g>
>
> ~/ N8BQN /~

Using the word "connection" in that sentence was a bad use of the
word.  However, concrete is surprisingly conductive, and will drain a
charge.  Carpet is an insulator, which would (obviously) qualify it as
a <potential> ingredient in static electricity production.

We're talking microamps here; a fairly high resistance to ground will
drain away the charge.  Ever drag your feet on the carpet in
summer/damp weather?

Laryn K8TVZ