In a message dated 1/6/2006 12:57:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
RG8 is not suitable for duplex operation.  There is insufficient shielding and will most likely result in receiver desense while the transmitter is operating. You might look back in the archives on the Repeater-Builder there has been extensive discussions about this problem and also on the use of 9913 for duplex operation.  As mentioned by others ... a change to some other type of a 100% shielded feedline will probably do wonders for your receive problem.

Good Luck
Larry
Thanks for the information.  I was curious about this myself as I did read a few of those prior posts... I was told different from the shop, he mentioned that since my run is only about 85feet, it should be fine.  What is your opinion?  Should I pull it and re-run w/ a hardline, or would this be sufficent for a small run?  If it should be replaced, what size hardline do you suggest and will this really make a noticeable difference in Rx?

I guess I decided to follow his advice since the system that was in place prior to replacing it w/ my own was also run on RG8, I believe Belden 8214 it said.

Thanks again!

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS