Hello ...

Dave VanHorn wrote:

> I have a pair of amps here, that I would like to get into service.
>
> The first is a UHF amp, TLE 1713A-3

  450 - 512 MHz Continuous Duty @ 60/75 watts depending on specific
 application

  Motorola Manual Part Number 68P81025E50

> The second is a VHF amp, TLD 1693E-PR

  150.8 - 162 MHz Continuous Duty 90/100/110 watts depending specific
 application

  Motorola Manual Part Number 68P81013E65

> I've not had any luck finding any information on them.
> My understanding is that they are very low power input (2W)

  Closer to 400 mW input on the TLD1693E

  Closer to 1 watt input on the TLE1713A

> and
> relatively high power out (75-100W) which would make them pretty
> much what the Dr ordered.

  See above for the actual power ratings.

> There are some connections that aren't clear in the intent, like
> plugs for "power control", and a connection on the side marked
> "SWA" on the UHF and "CTRL" on the VHF.

  That info comes in the manuals.

> I am told that these won't run on less than 15V, and yet I seem
> to remember Matthew in northern indiana running one of these on
> his system at 12VDC.

  Try about 13 - 15+ VDC ...

> Without more information, I'm nervous to power them up and try
> anything.

  Before you power one up, make certain your 50 ohm dummy is connected.

> Yahoo!

  I agree.

  Hope this helps,

  Neil - WA6KLA