Bruno Bouliane wrote:

> Has anyone worked with Maxar uhf radios for linking. We're looking to
> install these radios as X-band transmit units for our voting system.
> We`re using GE Pheonix radios but would like to try True FM.. The
> Pheonix were convenient because they are programmable. The Maxar`s
> would be set up with GE MVP monitor receivers and would be hooked
> with flat audio straight thru to  the voting site.

I'm pretty sure the Phoenix-S and -SX are direct FM, but regardless, the
Maxar/Moxy line will work very well for link transmitters. Throttle the
output down to abt 5-10W, less if you get the 10W Moxy version.

I forget exactly where to feed audio, but it will be fairly near the
deviation pot for the type of link you're using. And at that, it should
pass incoming PL tone fairly well.

Another angle would be to find some UHF MVP's and swap in the VHF rx
section. They are interchangable, can be easily duplexed, and give you a
complete package in one box, less pwr supply.

--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL