Hi Will,

Depends really on how serious the radio system is to
the user and how much effort they would put into being
on a specific radio "channel" in one area.

I've got two similar systems for two different customers,
one wouldn't even think of wanting to push the channel
selector when traveling to distant end of a system. The
other less hands on customer has no problem going to
channel 2 in the south area type operation.

Some thoughts would be a repeater at each site, different
frequencies and linked by phone line or radio (You can
use a radio link to avoid leased line costs).

You could use the same rx input frequency and different
tx frequencies when you have a voter in play. Keep your
existing setup, just add a transmitter at the B site.

Depending on how you dial up the coverage area with
antennas & power level a same frequency tx will work
in both Simulcast and non simulcast operation, but the
areas of overlap in the non-simulcast system will
clash.  Depending on power and antennas, the overlap
can be controlled and you use the capture effect in
some areas.  It does work and a case can be made for
using it.  The costs of a simulcast system can quickly
get out of hand.

It looks like your most practical choice would be to
add a second repeater tx at the B site. Simply link
them via the leased line or radio. You can license up
a full repeater pair, but use only the tx frequency
if you like the single rx frequency voter system.

If you wanted to keep the voter system in play, simply
add a second frequency tx at the B site, enable the
link for duplex operation and supply the A site tx
audio back to the B Site transmitter.

Add the B site to your customers radios and tell the
users 325 times how the system works in specific areas.

works great, plays well...

cheers,
skipp
skipp025 at yahoo.com
www.radiowrench.com

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> I need some help from the think tank,
>
> I have two sites, site "A" and site "B". Site A has a UHF Motorola
Quantar