Another possibility is condensation. The amplifier heats up and moisture in
the air condenses during cool down. Contaminants in the air and on the
surface of the boards cause conductive paths. The boards were properly
cleaned after any soldering on the boards? Flux is hygroscopic and becomes
sticky when exposed to moisture.

Just a thought.

73
Glenn