Just sharing an experience maybe others can use...

Been having periodic interference to my two meter repeater off and on (daily)
for about five years.  Certain times of the day, no problem, and then something
would happen and I would get a carrier near the input frequency that was a
product of the transmitter (had CTCSS) and it would lock the repeater up.
There was no particular pattern and it was hard to be there when it was
happening.  Since I have multiple receivers, I just kept the local receiver
off.  It was strong around the site, so I figured someone in the area had a
messed up TV amp or something.

Well, the other day I was at the repeater site & it started up.  I took a
portable monitoring the input & narrowed it down to the generator control
panel.  Inside the control panel was a small smart trickel charger used to keep
the starting battery for the generator charged.

That was where the problem was.  When it was charging, no interference, but when
it was in standby mode - wow - lots of signal.  When I unplugged the charger, it
went away.

So, a couple of ferrite beads on the power cords and the problem was solved.
Those of you having problems at sites with back-up power, don't overlook the
genset.

Robert
--
You can only buy so many bags of lime before people begin asking questions...