73,

Dick

----- Original Message -----
From: "rthollenbeck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: 28 January, 2006 06:26
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] 6 meter repeater with 2 meter link?

I have a good site avaialible to me (2 good sites) for a repeater. So
I was thinking about putting in a repeater on 6 meters  Is there any
good reason why I should not link a the sites on a 2 meter fequency.
I have Mastr II for 6 meters and I have access to a low power Mastr II
for the link that will tune to 2 meters. I don't have a UHF mastrII

Locally for awhile there was a
split site 6meter repeater tied together with 2m.
The 2m simplex freq was listed as a remote base.
The caveat was the two dedicated land lines  for control.
The system worked well till one of the sites was lost.
73
Greg
WG8Z

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS