Paul Holm wrote:
> In this particular situation, the users don't need to hear each other.  This
> will be used for running a Skywarn net on two repeaters which are not
> linked.  Only the net control station needs to hear everyone.  Users will be
> trained to expect this format.

If there's ever a situation where there's no one at all on repeater #2
and the Net controller is gabbering away at people on repeater #1...

The Net Controller isn't communicating with anyone on repeater #2, thus
making multiple one-way transmissions on Repeater #2... thus, illegal.

Unless you're going to claim all of his half-conversation transmissions
to people on Repeater #1 going out also over Repeater #2 are QST's...

I don't think that'd hold up to any reasonable amount of scrutiny.

I also wouldn't want to be out in the field watching tornadoes wondering
if the Net controller was going to hear me or the other guy when two of
us have emergencies on both repeaters at the same time.

Run two proper Nets or link the repeaters.  The other way appears to be
both illegal and dangerous for your participants.

Nate WY0X