There is no "knife edge" against the braid,it is a clamping type
connector that the braid folds over a stepped insert.
 I will relate my experience with crimp connectors when we decided to
try them for the first time. We had put 22 antennas up on a 500' Rohn 65
tower with crimped on connectors on all the pigtails and 11 of them
failed within a month. They had pulled out or had broken the shield
braid at the crimp. We did a little non-scientific stress test on crimp
vs. clamp pigtails by suspending a weight from the cable ,adding more
until they failed. The clamp type took THREE TIMES as much weight before
it let go.We also did a flex test and the crimp braid failed long before
the clamp one did. That was all I needed to see to change my mind! All
were replaced with mil-spec clamp style connectors and are all still in
service 20 years after the fact. Company policy was implemented that
required all outdoor connectors be mil-spec clamp type Amphenols at all
303 company tower sites. Now maybe you can get away with crimps on some
sites,but not up north on the Great Lakes where winds are tough and ice
is common. You quickly learn what works and what doesnt and you will
NEVER convice me to use crimp on connectors again! I guess I'm old and
set in my ways,for good reason....   73,Lee