I am moving a 463/468 MHz Micor repeater to 444/449 MHz.  I ordered new
xtals from ICM and the receive xtal is OK.  However I can't get the xmit
xtal to pull onto freq.  It will pull within 3 KHz above 444.350 MHz.

This isn't the first Micor I have changed rocks in myself.  I've done
several in the 450-470 MHz range without any problems and no realignment
callbacks to the tower site.  This isn't my "first time."

I have a Micor test meter and used it to align the exciter and
everything tuned as designed.  I called ICM and they doubted it was
their error and it must be my channel element since the frequency move
was quite far.  But for $30.00 they would "fix" the problem.

Does anyone have any technical docs on the Micor channel elements and
the require capacitor changes? The channel element is KXN1052A.  I would
rather replace the required cap with the correct value and get this
repeater on the air instead of waiting another 3 weeks for ICM.

I have read the Repeater-Builder webpage regarding Micor elements and it
doesn't address the need to replace any components inside the element
when moving from 463 to 444 MHz.

73's,
Randy
WB0VHB