At 10:09 AM 2/6/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a good way of measuring the frequency of PC board micro
>strips (M/S)?  I have tried my old Millen Grid Dip meter but there is just
>not enough radiated at 220 MHz to get a good dip.  I am trying to modify a
>transmitter from 168 MHz to 224 MHz and not having a lot of luck getting 220
>past these M/S's.  There is a M/S before the driver and another after the
>final.  Got everything tuned to the input of the Micro Strips but nothing
>past them.

<---Striplines are not resonant. There are sections of transmission lines,
therefore you can't "dip" them (that is why they're used in the first place
in most UHF/VHF solid-state amps, as they're inherently broadband).

You're going to need to learn how to read a Smith Chart if you're dealing
with 'em.

Ken

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of the world famous RC210 Repeater Controller and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net