-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kevin Custer
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 6:36 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Micro Strips @ 220 MHz

I think we are talking about Micro strips and not Micor strips, but I'll
add to the confusion....

In the case of the Motorola Micor, the transistors in the PA will not
operate on 220 MHz, so we pull the whole PA and use Japanese bricks....
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/pix/220micorpa.jpg>

Kevin

skipp025 wrote:

>You should email Kevin first, hasn't he done some of the micor vhf to 220
band conversions?

>I know a lot of the conversion people don't use the original Micor PA
sections. After the low level rf stages they jump onto/use a replacement
power amplifier module.

Actually, the exciter drives a modified harmonic filter which in turn
drives a Japanese power brick directly.  We normally get between 250 and
400 mW of output from the Micor exciter on 222, which, after the filter,
is just the right amount of drive for the 220 power amplifier bricks
that require 200 mW.

Kevin