Bob Dengler wrote:
> At 2/10/2006 12:55 PM, you wrote:
>
>>J Hughes wrote:
>>

>>>What are the best controllers out there ?? That will support 4 ports or
>>>more. Able to down-load the information and up-load new programs. Due
>>>audio processing.  Support multiple PL tones and DCS.  Top of the line
>>>Price is not a factor. Whats out there ?? Thanks K9JAC
>>
>>You're kidding right? I don't know of anything that fits that bill.
>>There are several 3 port controllers out there, only one 4 or more right
>>now (Link Comm RLC-3)
>

> LinkComm also has the RLC-Club with Deluxe 2 expansion board, yielding 6
> ports.

Well, I didn't really think of that right off...didn't know they were
still offering the expansion board. OK...

>>, although both S-Com and Arcom will have multiport
>>controllers out this year.
>

> S-Com's will only be 3 ports, though they expect a followup model with more
> ports later.  Hopefully the Arcom multiport will be better quality than the
> RC-210, which I personally don't care for.

Actually, that's how I feel about the Link, but again, just personal
opinion.

>> And they are the only ones that also will do
>>CTCSS encode/decode internally. Right now, the only way to get
>>multi-CTCSS/DCS is to buy a tone panel made for commercial service, and
>>they are all single port devices. The Comm-Spec TP-3200 is probably the
>>best of those over all.
>

> The Pacific Research RI-300e has internal CTCSS/DCS decoding.  It's only a
> single port controller, but it can be daisy-chained up to 8 units.  An
> expensive solution, but it will do what you want if $$$ is no object.
>
> Bob NO6B

Likewise, I thought Pac-Res was out of business, or at least not making
controllers anymore. OK-I would say that would be his only option at
this point. Or one of the Link Comm units with a TP-3200 on each port!
=c$

Tnx, Bob!
--
Jim Barbour