Paul Finch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Vocom must have changed a lot then.  I remember some of their first attempts
> at PA Amps and they were awful.  The burned up a  lot and had wires running
> everywhere in the cabinet.  Guess I ought to pull some of the old 250 watt
> paging service PA's down off the shelf and see if I can get them to work.  I
> did end up with one UHF version PA deck, the rest are VHF High band.
>
> Paul

Likewise. The last shop I worked at came across a couple of VoCom 800
Mhz PA's. They looked like something someone would slap together in
their basement. PC boards weren't etched, they were 'carved'. And wires
EVERYWHERE that would break easily. Nothing stress-releived at all.

But what little I've seen of the Crescend amps is much better. I don't
believe they are the same company at all. If they are, it's on paper
only, they must've gotten rid of all the former employees.

Milcom is supposed to be pretty good as well.
--
Jim Barbour
WD8CHL