Do you know what it is using for a radio or radios?  GM300s?  R1225
module?  High RF noise enviroment?

It should make a pretty good repeater except either one of those
combinations isn't the best for long winded QSOs.  Make sure the fan is
in good working order and the air intact and exhaust opening are kept clear.

Randy