We have a 145 Mhz 600khz split repeater running 25 Watts output up LDF 450 coax to a three element commercial beam at 25 Metres above ground mounted on a metal 35 Meter tower,,,
We are trying to identify the problem of what could be a "Rusty Bolt effect" the effect is that it will wipe out a signal on the input of all but the very very strong signals it sounds just like a heavy crunching sound,,,,it does not become worse with rain, wind,cold,or heat,,,,,we have changed the Tx/Rx set up, and changed the Wacom Duplexer..added extra bandpass filters

We have another beam 3 Meters below, run the system on this with the same effect, have run the repeater with two antennas and extra filtering,  also the effect is present with only 1 watt of RF output,,,,

one other effect the noise can be heard on the Tx carrier ie no through audio,,

To investigate the mast will cost money for an insured rigger,,,

idea's where or what to try next would be greatfully recieved,,

rgds Fraser

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS